The Life Practice Program in Sale 2019
The Life Practice Program is coming to Sale in June 2019 and January 2020
The InterPlay® Life Practice Program is an active, creative way to unlock the wisdom of your body. By maximizing ease and minimizing stress learn how to shape your life the way you want it to be. InterPlay is easy, incremental and affirming and focuses on building strengths through community, relationships and having fun.
In The Life Practice Program you will learn the core elements of the InterPlay system; ideas and practices that help you move from where you are to where you want to be. InterPlay will teach you how to pay attention to all levels of your experience - mind, heart, body and spirit - to see how you can thrive when all parts are integrated.
Through playing, practice and personal support you will learn the many ways in which you can apply InterPlay to your life and work - to increase community, ease, grace, energy and joy and to create more choices and empowerment in your own life. Who knew that taking opportunities to creatively express your experiences, discerning your personal goals and desires and going for what you want could be so delightful?
The Life Practice Program is a pre-requisite for undertaking The InterPlay Leader Training Program, which is an additional training necessary for accreditation to lead and teach InterPlay.
In 2019, The Life Practice Program will be offered in Sale, led by Susanna Pain and assisted by Jenny Batten and Peter Batten.
- Artfulness and Play: Involvement in a total of 50 hours of accumulated play, in addition to TheLife Practice Program, preferably through at least one untensive program (e.g. SummerPlay) as well as workshops and regular playtimes.
- Life Practice Group Workshops: These workshops includeThe Secrets Of InterPlayand provide an opportunity to apply InterPlay principles and practices to leading your life. The Group Workshops will be offered over two extended weekends as follows:
i) Friday 7 June 7-9pm, Saturday 8 June 9am-5pm, Sunday 9 June 1-4.30 pm, Monday 10 June 9am-1pm
ii) Monday 6 January 2020 7-9pm, Tues 7 January 9am-5pm, Wed 8 January 9am-5pm. (NB may be offered on some Saturdays later in 2019 depending on participants' preferences)
Bring lunch to share on full days.
3. Creative Reflections: A series of Creative Reflectionswill be completed as part of the Life Practice Program. This will enhance your ability to articulate your experience of InterPlay and apply InterPlay insights to your own life.
4. Focus Sessions: Each participant will receive 3 focus sessions and affirming feedback. The focus sessions take place at the Group Workshops. They enable you to use the creativity of InterPlay forms to explore issues in your life through deeper play.
5. Practice of InterPlay: At the end of the Life Practice Program participants will share a short presentation, highlighting how their InterPlay experience is impacting on their lives.
The Role of the Life Practice Program Leaders
As well as leading the workshops, the leaders will provide responses to your creative reflections and also serve as a contact for any queries along the journey.
Your leader is Susanna Pain, assisted by Jenny Batten and Peter Batten.
Fees: The total cost for the Life Practice Program is $1100. Fees cover:
- The Secrets of InterPlay workshop
- The Secrets of InterPlay manual
- Life Practice Group Workshops
- Focus Sessions
- The InterPlay Life Practice Self-Study Guide
- Written responses to your Creative Reflections
Separate payment is required for any other playgroups, classes or workshops that you may undertake during the course of the year.
All financial arrangements need to be in place prior to the commencement of the Program and all payments must be completed by 31st July 2019.
Venue: Delbridge Hall, 149 Cunningham St, Sale
Registrations through Try Booking
If you have done the Life Practice Programbefore and would like to do it again, the fee is 50%.
We are keen to include people who would like to do the InterPlay Life Practice Program but who may have difficulty with up-front finances. Efforts will be made to accommodate financial or other challenges of individual participants. If you would like to discuss possible alternative payment arrangements please contact InterPlay Australia’s Training & Development Coordinator, Trish Fairley
To express your commitment to undertaking the 2019 InterPlay Life Practice Program in Sale or for further information about the program, please contact Susanna Pain
Susanna Pain is a passionate creative woman of spirit. She enjoys creating space for others to play and to grow. She calls herself a midwife of transformation, awakening in people, spirituality, creativity and delight. She does this through her work as an InterPlay facilitator, spiritual director, professional supervisor, retreat leader, priest, and leader of contemplative quiet days. Susanna was a cofounder of InterPlay Australia. She uses InterPlay practices and forms in many aspects of her private and professional life, and invites others to do so too. It is so enlivening to play!! Jenny Batten is an accredited InterPlay leader who loves the way that the playful forms of story, voice and movement integrate mind, body & spirit. Jenny is curious about the arts and spirituality and loves to explore those points of connection that give life and sustain creativity. Singing and music has been a big part of Jenny’s life and she loves to share that passion with others through leading community choirs. Jenny recently completed a Masters in Therapeutic Arts Practices and is currently in formation as a Spiritual Director. With Peter, Jenny has been instrumental in bringing InterPlay to Victoria through workshops, InterPlay gatherings and family camps. Peter Batten is a Uniting Church minister, Creative Arts Therapist, & an accredited InterPlay teacher and practitioner. He enjoys exploring the connections between contemplative practices, spirituality, art and creativity and their integration into daily life. He has a background in sacred Clowning/mime and enjoys performing in a variety of community and institutional settings. With Jenny, Peter has been instrumental in bringing InterPlay to Victoria through workshops, InterPlay gatherings and family camps.